Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Grass is there to be rolled on



I found a few little poems I wrote in my lecture notes over last term:

Roses are red, violets are blue, I didn't do my homework, how bout you? Lifes too short to waste in a book, so I'll make you a deal, I'll bake you a cake, we'll meet in the park, we'll stay out till dark, and not waste any more time with silly old marks!

little jonny small pox, sitting on the chop box singing to the world with glee! along came Miss ratchet, carrying a hatchet and made short work of thee!

Pictures in my coffee cup, playing through the day, clouds gathering along the edge threatening to drain, meadow cowslips lightly tapping on my knees, wooded smells and grassy dew, sip my coffee & breeze disturb my prairie scene, lattice of honey dew, my eyes move idly, murky surface shift, gulp my coffee down & head out to paved concrete slopes, wishing for my meadowy landscape back in my coffee cup.

1 comment: